DIY - Easy Homemade Sundried Tomatoes in Glass Canning Jars
Preserve summer’s bounty with this easy recipe for homemade sundried tomatoes using Glass Canning Jars! Packed and stored with fresh herbs and olive oil, these homemade sundried tomatoes are the perfect compliment to pizza, salads, pasta and more.
For more great recipes check out the Forks & Folly blog!
- 200 ml Clear Glass Jars, stock# 4054-13
- 16 plum/Roma tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- Slice each tomato in half from top to bottom. In a large bowl, gently mix them with olive oil, salt, sugar and the herbs.
To cook in a dehydrator - layer the tomatoes on the racks of dehydrator cut side up, making sure to leave plenty of room around and above each tomato for air to circulate. Allow to cook overnight, about 12 hours, or until dry and wrinkled.
- To cook in the oven - preheat the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the tomatoes, cut side up and place on a baking sheet. Bake for about 7-8 hours. Allow to cool completely before storing.
- Place a few cut herbs into the bottom of the wide mouth canning jars.
- Layer the dried tomatoes until the glass jar is nearly full, then add a few additional sprigs of herbs. Fill with olive oil and seal. Repeat with the remaining tomatoes