The Packaging Rap
SKS Bottle & Packaging Newsletter
DIY Recipes Using SKS' Frosted Containers
Pain Relief Massage Oil
Soap Deli News created this simple, three ingredient pain relief massage oil that can be bottled in our 1 oz frosted glass boston round bottles with black bulb droppers. This recipe helps relax tight muscles, soothe pain, and reduce inflammation when a small amount is applied to the affected area. To make this pain relief massage oil, combine the following in a dropper bottle:
- 1 fluid oz sweet almond oil - carrier oil that is lightweight, absorbs easily, moisturizes, and reduces inflammation.
- 12 drops chili seed essential oil - antioxidant, stimulates blood circulation, numbs the sensation of pain, and is anti-inflammatory.
- 6 drops fresh ginger essential oil - soothes aches and reduces inflammation.
Frosted glass dropper bottles are available in 1 oz, 2 oz, and 4 oz sizes. The droppers paired with these frosted glass bottles are used to dispense small quantities of liquid product. SKS also carries a frosted dropper bottle option with white or black ribbed child resistant caps.
DIY Eye Makeup Remover
This DIY eye makeup remover recipe from Oh Lardy is perfect for any non-toxic beauty cabinet! Store this simple mixture in our 1 oz frosted glass pump bottles and use as needed by placing a few drops on a cotton ball. To make this DIY eye makeup remover, combine the following ingredients in a 1 oz glass bottle:
- 1/2 oz olive oil - carrier oil that cleanses and moisturizes skin.
- 1/2 oz witch hazel - reduces inflammation and helps soothe skin.
- 3 drops lavender essential oil - soothes and nourishes skin.
- 3 drops frankincense essential oil - reduces appearance of imperfections and rejuvenates skin.
Frosted glass boston rounds with black treatment pumps come in 1 oz and 2 oz sizes. SKS also offers a 2 oz version of this glass bottle with a white treatment pump. The treatment pumps included with these frosted boston round bottles dispense .25 cc per stroke. Each pump bottle also features a locking mechanism for secure product storage and transport.
Learn how to make your own candles to use as homemade gifts during the upcoming holiday season with this recipe from Soap Deli News. This recipe yields 2 candles that can be beautifully housed and displayed in our 7.75 oz frosted glass candle jars.To make your own candles:
- Heat 6 oz soy and 5.5 oz natural filtered white beeswax until melted in a double boiler.
- Cut four wooden candle wicks so they are level with the top of the glass candle jars when placed inside.
- Dip the wood wicks in the molten wax for ten minutes, then carefully remove and place into metal anchors.
- Dip the anchors into the wax and place the wicks into the center of each candle jar.
- Once the wax has cooled to the point of becoming cloudy, stir in .75 oz espresso fragrance oil and .35 oz chocolate fragrance oil.
- Finally, pour the wax evenly into each of the frosted candle jars and allow it to cool and harden completely.
These frosted candle jars feature a stylish, soft frosted finish and sturdy base for durability. The straight sides offer ample space to place a label on the frosted jars to showcase various scents or custom branding.
Blue and Green Frosted Roll On Bottles
Use blue and green frosted roll on bottles for a striking appearance when packaging perfumes, essential oils, lip gloss, liquid cosmetics, and more! Dark colored glass roll on bottles provide UV protection for aromatherapy blends. Essential oils can be susceptible to light, oxygen, and moisture, which makes these blue and green colored glass containers a top choice to help protect ingredients from degrading. These roll on bottles utilize a PE plastic fitment and ball for a soft rolling motion when applying essential oils and fragrances. The frosted glass roll on bottles come in a convenient .35 oz size with several polypropylene cap options, including black, white, gold, and silver.
Product of the Month
Clear Propionate Round Tubes with Silver Metal Screw Caps
SKS offers clear, flexible propionate plastic tubes paired with silver nickel plated screw caps. The clear round plastic tubes come in 4" or 6" lengths and are available with a 0.75" or 1" diameter. The plastic tubes are composed of propionate, an ultra clear, flexible, recyclable material. The liner included in the silver caps consists of a poly-vinyl film adhered to a white pulp paper backing. This liner type offers chemical resistance to mild acids, alkalis, solvents, alcohol, oils and aqueous products. Use these clear plastic tubes to package a variety of products, such as aromatherapy bath salts, craft supplies, spices, and more.