Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What are your payment terms and minimum orders?
- A. NO minimum for online orders or phone orders
We accept major credit cards: Visa, Master Card, Discover or AMEX. NO Checks or COD
- Q. I am buying from another supplier, but need better service, would you match or beat the price I am paying?
- A. We always feel we provide the best service and competitive prices. We would be more than happy to personalize a competitive quote for you, just email us.
- Q. When will my UPS Next Day order be shipped?
- A. Orders placed on our site usually ship within 48 hours, Monday through Friday excluding holidays throughout the year, regardless of the shipment method chosen. Choosing Expedited Service (UPS Next Day, UPS Second Day or UPS 3rd Day Select) may reduce the amount of time your order spends in transit, but please allow 48 hours for shipment to occur Monday through Friday excluding holidays throughout the year.
- Q. What is the minimum for getting bottles labeled or silk screened?
- A. 10,000 bottles is our minimum for silk screening
2,500 bottles is our minimum for labeling
- Q. Can I establish credit terms?
- A. Yes, established D&B rated firms purchasing over $5,000 from SKS,
in any given year may apply for terms by supplying
3 references and bank information. The credit review process
takes 2 to 3 weeks depending on how quickly your
references respond. A request doesn't guarantee approval.
- Q. Why was my credit card order declined?
- A. There are a number of reasons why a credit card order may be rejected on the SKS web site. These may include:
- An incorrect billing address used on the order
- An incorrect Security Code being entered for the order
- An incorrect expiration date used
- Bank declines due to not enough funds available for the order, credit limit exceeded, card cancellations and fraud review
Note that when a credit card order is rejected on the SKS website, it is possible that funds for the order may be held by the cardholders bank for up to two business days after the decline occurs. Please contact your bank directly for additional details on declined orders.
- Q. I'm a large user can I get additional discounts?
- A. Discounts are available on large volumes to OEM's and large volume end users. Please email us your quote request including the item number and quantity required, or a sample of what you may already be buying from an alternate source. We would be happy to customize a quote for you.
- Q. How will my order be shipped?
- A. All shipments are made F.O.B. our plant. Orders are shipped via UPS or Common Carrier for large orders. Allow 4 to 6 days from shipment for delivery depending on how far you live from NY. Check UPS.com for transit time to your location. Shipping and handling charges are added to your order. Once your online order is shipped, you will be emailed your tracking information. Click here to track your shipment with UPS or view our Time in Transit Map.
- Q. My shipment weighed only 15 lbs but I was billed for 90lb shipment?
- A. Your shipment was oversized per UPS standards and all oversized boxes are shipped at a minimum of 90lbs regardless of actual weight.
Oversized boxes are needed to pack some of our larger plastic items and most of our bulk items. We are always looking for ways to reduce the box size required to avoid use of oversized boxes.
- Q. How can I talk to a live person?
- A. Call 1-518-880-6980 Ext. 1, 8 am - 5 pm EST or use the live chat available from our homepage.
- Q. What are the new features at SKS-Bottle.com?
- A. To view a video guide around our new website click here.
- Q. How often do items get back ordered, and how will I know if an item I purchase is put on back order?
- A. Back orders are rare, but if a requested item is put on back order, we try to contact our customers as soon as possible via e-mail. We cannot necessarily guarantee any ship dates at that time, but we will try to give you an accurate estimated arrival date.
Note that if you order several items and only one item is on backorder, a partial shipment will often be sent as a courtesy if you are located in the US or Canada. The backordered item will be forwarded to you automaticallty when it is received into stock.
- Q. Will my bottles be sterile when I receive them?
- A. Most bottles are clean and come packed in plastic
bags, but are not sterile. Any item that is sterile, will be indicated
in the item description. For more information about cleaning and sterilizing your bottles click here.
- Q. Can I get a certificate of compliance (C of C) for the items I purchase?
- A. SKS is a distributor of packaging materials. As such, certificates of compliance may not be available for all of our stock items. Charges may apply for C of C's in some cases. If you require a certificate of compliance, please contact our Customer Service Department at 518-880-6980 Ext. 1 to confirm if the documentation is available prior to placing your order.